Focus is what gives us the ability to get better and build real expertise that’s rare and valuable in the market. -Matt Johnson
Having a great vision for where we want to go doesn’t make us immune to distractions and things that pull our attention away. What are the 3 factors I believe cause a loss of focus? How do we quench our intellectual and creative curiosity in a way that won’t take us off track? What do we do in the gap between our action and when it starts to pay off?
On this episode, I continue the conversation on focus and discuss what triggers distractions, how to mitigate those triggers or prevent them from coming up in the first place.
3 Things We Learned
- The dip: how to prepare for it, make the best strategic decisions possible up front, and narrow our focus when it happens.
- Intellectual and emotional curiosity: how to take pleasure in smaller range of variety and dedicate only a percentage of our time to new opportunities.
- Scarcity: How to balance the seen vs the unseen
Want to be featured on podcasts?
Leverage our simple process to become a featured guest on key podcasts without hiring a PR specialist. Build authority, visibility & relationships that grow your coaching, consulting or agency business.
A simple system to:
- Identify high-value podcasts that reach your target audience
- Quickly gather the information you need to make a great first impression on the host
- Send a simple, customizable reach out email to the host to start the conversation
The Pitch Yourself system is designed to implement with the help of a marketing assistant or VA, and is ideal for busy entrepreneurs and agency owners.