You get legitimacy by being published whether it’s with a brand name or not. -Ken Lizotte
Being a published author in the business world has become a major tool and credential that instantly gives us credibility. What does a book do for us that other mediums can’t? When it comes to packaging our intellectual property so that someone would want to put us on a stage, what works and what doesn’t? Does the publisher matter?
On this episode, author and thought leadership expert, Ken Lizotte gives insights into why books are so necessary if we want to gain credibility and legitimacy, and how we can get onto more stages.
3 Things We Learned from Ken Lizotte
- The ONE thing publishers are looking for in a book proposal that will tip the scales in our favor.
- Why first-time authors often have a better chance of landing a publisher than multi-time authors.
- The key factor event planners look for when booking speakers.
About our Featured Guest:
Ken is the author of several books that include The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs. He is also the Chief Imaginative Officer (CIO) at Emerson Consulting Group. He teaches on “Why YOU Should Write and Publish a Book” as well as how to land speaking engagements.
Want to Get Featured on More Podcasts?
Leverage our simple process to become a featured guest on key podcasts without hiring a PR specialist. Build authority, visibility & relationships that grow your coaching, consulting or agency business.
A simple system to:
- Identify high-value podcasts that reach your target audience
- Quickly gather the information you need to make a great first impression on the host
- Send a simple, customizable reach out email to the host to start the conversation
The Pitch Yourself system is designed to implement with the help of a marketing assistant or VA, and is ideal for busy entrepreneurs and agency owners.