You get legitimacy by being published whether it’s with a brand name or not. -Ken Lizotte
Being a published author in the business world has become a major tool and credential that instantly gives us credibility. What does a book do for us that other mediums can’t? When it comes to packaging our intellectual property so that someone would want to put us on a stage, what works and what doesn’t? Does the publisher matter?
On this episode, author and thought leadership expert, Ken Lizotte gives insights into why books are so necessary if we want to gain credibility and legitimacy, and how we can get onto more stages.
3 Things We Learned from Ken Lizotte
- The ONE thing publishers are looking for in a book proposal that will tip the scales in our favor.
- Why first-time authors often have a better chance of landing a publisher than multi-time authors.
- The key factor event planners look for when booking speakers.
About our Featured Guest:
Ken is the author of several books that include The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs. He is also the Chief Imaginative Officer (CIO) at Emerson Consulting Group. He teaches on “Why YOU Should Write and Publish a Book” as well as how to land speaking engagements.
Ready to 10X your visibility and be FIRST in your category?
Right now your competitors are out there….
- Being featured on podcasts
- Speaking on stages
- Appearing on webinars, virtual summits and YouTube series
So when your prospects are thinking of a service like yours, are you the very FIRST brand in their mind?
If not, you have a huge opportunity to pull in front. To be more visible, build more authority, create more credibility.
And here’s the good news. You don’t have to pitch yourself, OR hire a PR agency.
There’s a new way to get featured on podcasts consistently.
Start by downloading the Pitch Assistant Roadmap.
Built for Experts or Entrepreneurs with a Virtual Assistant or small team.
The Roadmap lays out the exact steps to have an assistant or intern pitching you consistently to niche business podcasts.
- Breaks out the roles and responsibilities of a Podcast Pitch Assistant.
- Visual overview of a 4 Week research & outreach system that gets results.
- Shows you how to remove yourself from the process of finding podcasts and pitching yourself, so you can focus on what you do best!
If you know that podcast interviews will help you attract more clients, speaking opportunities, book sales and social proof, don’t let your competitors have all the fun!