Most people are terrified to face the truth of who they are and this stands in the way of growth and change. How do we move beyond fear and change the language of our minds so that we can imagine and create success? On this episode of Pursuing Results, we discuss this in conjunction with Richard Bach’s book Illusions, with founder of The Ageless Wisdom, Michael Benner.
Fear is the feeling of not understanding things, dangerous or not. At the center of what we don’t understand is the self. -Michael Benner
Takeaways + Tactics
- It’s important to look at the direction you want to go and not the direction you wish to avoid. If we focus on what we want to avoid, we create it.
- All business development is personal development especially when you enter the entrepreneurial space.
- We believe that fear is a signal of danger, then we carry stress and anxiety with us because of the myth that we need fear to be careful.
Confucius said, “The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can’t are both right.” Positive thinking is so much more than psychology, it has a direct effect on our minds and the path that meets us. We create what we put focus on and life conspires to support the mindset we nurture. “Life is what you’re make it” is more literal than you might think.
On this episode we covered:
- How many of us are confused about success and think it’s a path to happiness.
- How we are far too oriented to pleasing other people and gaining their acceptance than being true to who we are
- The importance of facing and loving our true selves if we want to successful
- The myth of fear and how fear can be used to guide us to our own success
- How to make sure life conspires for your success
Michael Benner is best known throughout Southern California for his popular talk radio programs. Since 1977, he has hosted news and talk shows on KABC-AM, KLOS-FM, KLSX-FM, KCBS-FM, KRLA-AM, and KPFK-FM. His KPFK talk show was the only radio program featured in the L.A. Weekly’s “Best of 2000” issue. In 1987 Michael left broadcasting as a full-time profession to begin his own business, Personal Development Strategies. With offices in Glendale, he provides consulting and training to individuals, couples, and businesses.