You need to go through the whole cycle of emotions and get out to the other side to be able to fully appreciate the positives. – Dr. James Kelley
Adversity is something we all experience at some point in our lives. How can we take action and respond to it the right way? How do we analyze our failures correctly so we get the lesson out of them. What is the difference between good adversity and bad adversity?
On this episode, author of Crucible’s Gift: 5 Lessons from Authentic Leaders Who Thrive in Adversity, Dr. James Kelley shares what inspired the book, the lessons he’s learned about dealing with challenges and how he marketed the book.
3 Things We Learned from Dr. James Kelley
- Why we have to get through the cycle of emotions first before we can appreciate the adversity
- Why stories are more helpful and persuasive than facts and stats
- The marketing strategy that worked the best to promote his latest book
About our Featured Guest:
Dr. James Kelley is a professor of marketing at the United Arab Emirates University in Al Ain, Dubai, the host of the Executives After Hours podcast, and the author of The Crucible’s Gift: 5 Lessons from Authentic Leaders Who Thrive in Adversity. Go to https://www.drjameskelley.com/ for more information.
James is giving away the introductory chapter of his book and an accompanying worksheet on his website. https://www.drjameskelley.com/
Ready to 10X your visibility and be FIRST in your category?
Right now your competitors are out there….
- Being featured on podcasts
- Speaking on stages
- Appearing on webinars, virtual summits and YouTube series
So when your prospects are thinking of a service like yours, are you the very FIRST brand in their mind?
If not, you have a huge opportunity to pull in front. To be more visible, build more authority, create more credibility.
And here’s the good news. You don’t have to pitch yourself, OR hire a PR agency.
There’s a new way to get featured on podcasts consistently.
Start by downloading the Pitch Assistant Roadmap.
Built for Experts or Entrepreneurs with a Virtual Assistant or small team.
The Roadmap lays out the exact steps to have an assistant or intern pitching you consistently to niche business podcasts.
- Breaks out the roles and responsibilities of a Podcast Pitch Assistant.
- Visual overview of a 4 Week research & outreach system that gets results.
- Shows you how to remove yourself from the process of finding podcasts and pitching yourself, so you can focus on what you do best!
If you know that podcast interviews will help you attract more clients, speaking opportunities, book sales and social proof, don’t let your competitors have all the fun!